Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Single Samoa

Oil on 1/8" Gessoboard. Approx 6"x6" Sold

Who doesn't love Girl Scout cookies? I think there are 5 seasons; Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring, and Girls Scout Cookie Season. Samoas are one of my favorites along with the peanut butter ones.

I recent have been chosen by a couple fellow daily painters to receive a blog award. When I have more time to type will follow the rules of receiving that award. Stay tuned tomorrow when we post our new challenge paintings for April.

7 comments:

Betker said...

Oh my god. I agree with your favorite cookies but love your paintings even more. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

you are more than deserving of such an award, your paintings have continued to more than absorb my interest.

Jeff Mahorney said...

What is it about your greens? So fresh, light and beautiful. I love how you create movement and a statically placed focus. The texture of the samoa is perfect. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the award. Those cookies are so dang good. You did it justice.

Roxanne Steed said...

MMM, MMM,MMM! Those are my favorite cookies ever!- This is super! - congrats on the blog award, too.
Cheers- from an 'old Girl Scout'!

Dean Grey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dean Grey said...

JMahorney, got it right on this one.

The texture on the cookie is really well done. The browns look amazing (and delicious!)

As always, Mike, you do a great job of making a ho-hum background look visually interesting.

Now I'm off to go eat something sweet. A craving came over me for some unknown reason!

-Dean