Wednesday, June 20, 2007

"Grape Glass"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oil on 1/4" Masonite, 16"x20". Commission - NFS

This is part of the reason I haven't been posting consistently lately. It's a commission that's the largest painting I've done is quite some time (the most detailed one, also). I love how it turned out. I made one of my frame boxes like I did with "Pinot" about a month ago. I have one more commission to finish up and will post that late tomorrow. Stay tuned!

10 comments:

Lucy said...

This looks really great Mike! I wish we were hanging it in our house. Someone at that party is going to be really lucky to take this home!

Jo Castillo said...

Michael, this is soooo nice. I'm a wino at heart and this is very special. Composition and colors are great.
Jo

Paintdancer said...

Absolutely fantastic! As another wino, I'd also love to have this one in my house!

jenedypaige said...

Beautiful work! How many hours did you spend on this? your pencil work is also impressive...

Michael Naples said...

Hey thanks eveyone for your comments. I plan on revisiting this wine subject in the near future so keep your eyes peeled.

Jenedy, this took a little under 20 hours including building the oak frame and shooting the reference (the whole nine yards). I am finishing up another graphite portait and will post that late tonight.

Cara said...

Very-very nice work.

kaycrain said...

Michael,
Gorgeous! So rich and warm . It was the first to catch my eye on the daily painters.com page!

pussreboots said...

Gorgeous and scrumptious.

AJ said...

Flawless! I know how tricky grapes can be, and you've captured them all perfectly. Keep up the good work!

LauraWG Arts said...

This is absolutely beautiful... I love everything about it - the color, the composition and your detailed handy work! :) Whomever purchased this will have a lucky addition to their home!